The 4-20maA signal converter is used to integrate the unit with a 4-20mA transmitter. The 4-20 mA technology is used to communicate analog signals over long distances where electrical interference is a problem.
- The power supply used for this module is7-36V
- The current Source signal for this module is 4-20mA industrial-grade Sensor
- The anti-reverse protection circuit is there so polarity does not affect
- Output Voltage available at variable voltages is 3.3V,5V,10V.
- Potentiometers are used to adjust the 4-20 input signal and output voltage.
- The left side 2 pin terminal is used for the connection of the sensor.
- In the right side 3 pin terminal, first and last pins for power supply to the module, the middle one is output.
- ZERO potentiometers are used to adjust the minimum output voltage when the current input is a minimum value like 0mA or 4mA.
- SPAN potentiometer is used to adjust the maximum output voltage(3.3V,5V,10V. when input is 4-20ma output can be small as 2.5v) when the current input is a maximum (20mA)
Instructions to use
- The power supply voltage is 7-36v,(if the output voltage is 10V, the supply voltage must be higher than 12V ).
- After powering the D2 led should on, otherwise check the connection. And the board is reverse polarity protection, reverse connection doesn’t affect.
- When the current input is at a minimum value like 0mA or 4mA, adjust the ZERO potentiometer to make Vout output the minimum value(0v or other voltage).
- When the current input is at a maximum value like 20mA adjust the SPAN potentiometer to make Vout output the maximum value(3.3V,5V,10V, when input is4-20ma the minimum output voltage is 2.5V ).
Jumper selection for appropriate voltage levels is shown below.
- 0-2.5V range: J1 1,2 shorted,j2 3,4 shorted
- 0-3.3V range: J1 1,2 open,j2 3,4 open(atleast 5V power supply)
- 0-5V range: J1 1,2 shorted,j2 3,4 shorted(atleast 7V power supply)
- 0-10V range: J1 1,2 shorted,j2 3,4 open(atleast 12V power supply)
- 0-3.3V range: J1 1,2 shorted,j2 3,4 shorted
- 0-5V range: J1 1,2 shorted,j2 3,4 shorted
- 0-10V range: J1 1,2 shorted,j2 3,4 open
You can find this current to voltage converter module on our website www.probots.co.in.
You can transform the current readings into voltage and later, read this voltage output with your ADC on your microcontroller, like Arduino Uno, ESP32. and other components which are also available on our website you can place it online we can deliver it.