The 4-20maA signal converter is used to integrate the unit with a 4-20mA transmitter. The 4-20 mA technology is used to communicate analog signals over long distances where electrical interference is a problem.
- The power supply used for this module is 5-10V
- The current Source signal for this module is 4-20mA industrial-grade Sensor
- The anti-reverse protection circuit is there so polarity does not affect
- Output Voltage available at variable voltages is 3.3V,5V.
- Potentiometers are used to adjust the 4-20 input signal and output voltage.
Check out our website www.probots.co.in to find all the parts for your projects! We have 2000+ Electronic Modules, Sensors, and Components for all your electronics projects.
You can purchase this s 4-20mA to 5V Converter here – Buy Now
- The left side 2 pin terminals are used for the connection of the sensor
- In the Rightside 3 pin terminal, the First and last pins are for the power supply to the module, and the middle one is for output.
- Zero potentiometer Knob is used to adjust the minimum output voltage when the current input is a minimum value like 4mA.
- SPAn potentiometer Knob is used to adjust the maximum output voltage when the current output is a maximum value like 20mA
- Choosing the output voltage is dependent on the jumper setting and input voltage.
Instructions to use
- The Power Supply Voltage is 5-10V(if the output voltage is 10V, the input supply voltage is must be higher than 12V)
- After powering the board, D2 LED should be on, otherwise check the connection. And Board is reverse polarity protection, the reverse connection doesn’t affect.
- When the current input is at a minimum value like 4mA, adjust the ZERO potentiometer Knob to make Vout a minimum value like 0V.
- When the current input is at a maximum value like 20mA, adjust the SPAN potentiometer Knob to make Vout minimum value like 5V or other Voltages depending on the jumper Selection.
If u need to test this 4-20mA to 5V converter, use a 4-20ma signal generator
Jumper selection for appropriate voltage levels is shown below
- 0-3.3V range:J1 1,2 Open,J2 3,4 open(At least 5V power supply)
- 0-5V range: J1 1,2 Shorted, J2 3,4 Shorted(At least 7V power supply)
- 0-10V range:J1 1,2 Shorted,J2 3,4 open(At least 12V power supply)
You can find this current to voltage converter module on our website www.probots.co.in.
You can transform the current readings into voltage and later, read this voltage output with your ADC on your microcontroller, like Arduino Uno, ESP32. and other components which are also available on our website you can place it online we can deliver it.